This is my favourite homemade histamine friendly gluten free flour blend. Soy, potato starch and bean flours can be very aggravating for the histamine intolerant. So I made my own blend that I use in all my recipes in the meal plan.
You can keep this stored in a cool place in an airtight glass jar for 3-6 months. This recipe does not create huge quantities, so I find it gets used very quickly!
Learn more about which foods are low and high histamine in the Happy Without Histamine – Low Histamine Foods Guide.
Low histamine gluten free flour blend
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 0 mins
- Total time: 5 mins
- Serves: varies
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Low histamine
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour or fine white rice flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour/powder
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or lemon juice – optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black or White Pepper (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Pour into an airtight glass jar or other container. Store in cool dark cupboard or refrigerator for up to 3 to 6 months.
Sick of boring low histamine meals?
This recipe is in the Ultra Low Histamine Meal Plan along with many more.
Over 55 recipes and 4 weekly meal plans, including prep guides and shopping lists for each week.
Get your copy today.