Welcome to Olivo Health and Nutrition.
My mission is to help you to restore your health and live your best life!
I suffered for decades from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), heartburn, eczema, anxiety, food intolerance and hormone issues, which set me on the path to investigate how I could heal myself. I’ve tried almost everything, and understand the difficulties in managing digestive issues that impact all areas of your life. Getting the right help improved my health and made me want to help others.
I have always been interested in health and science. I have a Bachelor of Science from Auckland University and have had a long-term fascination with health and well-being from both a scientific and holistic angle, but at the time followed the crowd into Information Technology. I then moved into the corporate IT world, lived in London and Sydney. I was living a frantic lifestyle and subsequently became burnt out! I had anxiety, heartburn, bloating, abdominal cramps, nausea, histamine intolerance, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) and ME/CFS. I spent years seeing doctors and in hospitals getting test after test with no improvement.
Over 6 years I found the pieces of the puzzle I needed for my healing. I trained as a nutritionist and health coach and started giving back. I also trained in iRest meditation along with neuroplasticity and somatics, which were the key to helping me fully recover. I’m also completing a Masters in Human Nutrition.
Now I work as a nutritional medicine practitioner in Melbourne and online. I have a special interest in histamine and other food intolerance, gut health, allergies, anxiety, MCAS, digestive issues, women’s health, fatigue and chronic illness.
I use meditation, brain retraining, and other nervous system tools to promote the body’s natural healing processes. Changes to diet and supplementation where necessary can also support your body to heal. Nutritional medicine can be used as an adjunct to support from your GP, specialist or allied health practitioner, as part of your health team.
Wishing you vibrant health,
BSc ADipNutrMed INHC ATMS ANTA
Registered with these Australian health funds: Medibank, NIB, CBHS, AHM, Teachers Union, Australian Unity, HBF/ARGH.
Nutrition consultations can be claimed depending on the level of cover.
Qualifications and post graduate courses
Just some of the extensive training I have completed, plus of course real life experience!
- Advanced Diploma Nutritional Medicine – ACNT
- Bachelor of Science – Auckland University
- iRest (integrative restoration) level 1 meditation teacher – iRest Institute
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach – IIN
- The Safe and Sound Protocol and Remote SSP certifications – Unyte-ILS
- Microbiome restoration, diverticulitis, gastritis and others – Dr Jason Hawrelak
- SIBO Courses – The SIBO Dr
- Functional gastroenterology – The SIBO Dr
- Gastrointestinal disorders, GIT pathology and testing, Mood disorders and others – Health Masters Live
- Rachel Arthur mentorship and pathology training
- Microba Informed Practitioner (MIP) – Microba
- Organic Acids Testing Pathology Training (OAT)
- Neuroplasticity diploma
- BioIndividual Nutrition Course
- Current – Masters of Nutrition – Deakin University
- Current – Lyme Foundations
- Current – NLP course