Adding this simple topping to your favourite breakfast or dessert will punch up its nutrients and get some wonderful anti-inflammatory spices into your day.
The sweetness of the vanilla powder and cinnamon should serve your sweet cravings and help you add less sugar to your meal.
I used to sprinkle multiple spoons of sugar on my porridge, but now I have this with some fresh or stewed berries and it is perfectly sweet and much more nourishing.
Spiced Nut Dukka
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 0 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Serves: 4 or more
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Healthy fats
- Sugar free
- 1 large glass jar for storage
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (Pepitas)
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp stevia if required for extra sweetness
- chop nuts roughly either by hand or in a food processor
- pour seeds and nuts into the jar one by one – they make nice layers
- add the spices and put on the lid
- Store in the fridge
You can substitute with any nuts you like, and also add coconut flakes. Serve on top of cooked oats, Quinoa and rice breakfast porridge, also good on top of desserts.
What did you have for breakfast today?
If you need more inspiration check out my free healthy snack and breakfast recipe eBook.