Though not beautiful, this dish is easy, quick and yummy! If you are rushing to work, you can throw this on while putting on your makeup. It’s also great for a weekend post yoga energy boost. You can modify this multiple ways, this morning’s offering looked like the picture above. With kale pesto and mushrooms.
Easy Messy Eggs
- Prep time: 2 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 12 mins
- Serves: 1 ( double recipe for 2 or as required)
- Gluten free
- Low refined sugar
- 2 whole pastured eggs (bonus points for Organic and bio-dynamic as well)
- A dash of full cream milk
- A generous grind of pepper ( Whole peppercorns in a grinder is best)
- A large pinch of Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- A handful of mushrooms chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter ( Organic if you can get it)
- Heat a pan on a medium temperature
- Melt the Butter for 30 seconds
- Add the chopped mushroom. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomato, cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile break the eggs into a bowl, add the dash of milk, salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork until the whiles and yolks are combined.
- Add the eggs to the mushrooms and tomatoes in the pan. stir around and lower the heat.
- Apply makeup if you wish 🙂
- Give the eggs another stir, they should be fairly solid (if not cook them a little bit more)
- Serve and eat
If you love herbs like I do, you can add a bit of dried or fresh basil or parsley. I love to cook these with Kale Pesto, which gets some easy greens into your diet along with some immune boosting garlic. I’ll get a recipe up for that soon.