If you have this gluten free, grain free muesli in the cupboard you will never go hungry in the morning, even when there is no time!
I make a batch of this every couple of weeks, sometimes topping up during the week if I feel like it needs more of something. The measurements here do not need to be exact and it can be easily tweaked for your taste. The great thing about this is there is no need to toast any of the ingredients, perfect for lazy cooks like me.
You will need a large glass jar like the 2 litre one pictured below. You can buy this from Biome or any home-wares store. If you can, buy the ingredients from a bulk bin store such as the source to reduce plastic waste. Buy organic or spray free local ingredients where you are able.
The Brazil nuts provide selenium, walnuts are a source of omega 3’s, pumpkin seeds are great for zinc and amaranth and buckwheat are good sources of protein. Sunflower seeds are a good source of vitamins B1, B3, B6, E and magnesium. Cinnamon improves blood sugar control and reduces sugar cravings. Dried cranberries are low sugar and high in antioxidants but provide a nice sweet hit.
Easy paleo muesli:
- Prep time: 5-10 mins
- Cook time: 0 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Serves: 6
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- No refined sugar
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries ( try and get the dark brown ones that are not sprayed with nitrates)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat puffs
- 1/2 cup amaranth puffs
- 2 tbsp’s cinnamon (also good with 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp mixed spice)
- Roughly chop the walnuts, almonds and Brazil nuts.
- Place nuts in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon and pour into a large glass jar.
- You can double the ingredients if you have a bigger jar!
To serve mix 1/2 cup of muesli with 3 tbsp yoghurt. I prefer to use coconut yoghurt, but you can use any type. Stick with plain yoghurt and top with extra fruit if you need more sweetness.
For more recipes sign up to my newsletter and get your free recipe eBook.