Super simple and simply delicious. This is a great accompaniment to a steak, roast or a curry. It’s so easy and very tasty. I make this by randomly shaking the spices over without proper measurements, however I have measured this time so I can give you the best results. Enjoy!
Spiced roasted florets
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: approx 25 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 3 – 4
- Gluten free
- Casein and Dairy free (with coconut oil)
- Healthy fats
- 1 large head of broccoli washed and broken into florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower washed, outer green leaves removed and broken into florets
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbps ground cumin
- 2 Tbps ground coriander seeds
- 1 – 2 Tbps grass-fed organic butter and 2 Tbps olive oil. This can be substituted with coconut oil or duck fat for a dairy free option
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Wash the broccoli and cauliflower, remove outer green leaves and chop down into florets. Try to keep them even sized. If there are some large ones chop them in half so they are fairly even.
- Place salt, cumin and coriander in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. If you have time let it rest for a while to soak up the spice flavours.
- Place a heavy based roasting pan in the oven to warm up and put in butter and olive oil (or coconut oil or duck fat)
- Once the oil is warmed pour in the cauliflower mix.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes (check to see if they seem al dente, they should be crunchy but not raw)
- Pull them out and pop them in a bowl to serve.
- Taste and check for seasoning, you may wish to add a few grinds of salt and pepper now.