Golden mylk or turmeric lattes are all the rage at the moment. Have you tried one yet?
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory root and a useful addition to your diet in curries or drinks.
I love to have a good turmeric latte in a cafe and wanted to make one at home. There are a few premixed spiced teas you can buy, but it’s much cheaper to make your own. So I played around a bit, and found this mix is easy and works a treat.
Make up this spice mix…
- 2 tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- A large pinch of finely ground pepper
Mix this in a small jar and keep near the kettle for super speedy lattes.
When you want to make a latte…
- Heat 1 cup of milk (almond, coconut, rice or cow) in a pot on the stove or a milk frother
- Put 1 tsp turmeric mix in a cup with 1/2 to 1 tsp honey
- Add a small amount of boiling water
- Mix to dissolve the honey then add your hot milk
Buy organic spices if you can, it tastes even better.